The procudure for making this pancake is quite similar to that of regular pancake. The difference is in the ingridents list. This pancake is a lot more filling and balanced for the kids.
11/2 Cup flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1 cup water or milk
FOR THE FILLING;
soft chicken breast (diced)
Green bell peppers
Red bell peppers
1) Rub your favourite spices for marinating chicken on your diced chicken and allow the chicken to marinate.
2)pour one cooking spoon of vegetable, canola or coconut oil in a pan, add the chicken and stir fry for a few minutes (Because the chicken is cut into bits it would fry thoroughly within 5 minutes), after five minutes add the diced onion and stir fry for 3 minutes, then add the carrots, green peppers, red bell peppers, and any other vegetables you fancy. Stir fry for about three minutes, then cover the pan and allow it steam for one minute. Turn of the heat and allow the filling cool down.
3) mix the Baking powder, salt and flour in a seperate bowl.
4) mix the milk and egg in another bowl.
5) Pour the wet ingridents into the dry and mix well to combine.
Slightly grease your non-stick pan
Pour about 1/2 cup of the mixture and spread in the pan, fry for up to four minutes or until the side facing upward isnt runny then carefully flip and fry the other side for up to two minutes.
Put a spoon or two of the filling in the middle of a pancake and roll it as you would sharwama. And viola our savory pancake with filling is ready.
1) you can replace the chicken with any other protien of your choice or even leave out the protien and make it a vegetable filling.
2) You can marinate the chicken long before you intend to use it for deeper flavours.